Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Saw neurologist yesterday...

Ok, so saw Dr. Smoot yesterday. I explained to him how my right leg symptoms got worse for about a week or so (as written in my last blog entry). I also explained that I have a concern that I have been having a hard time word finding at times. It is subtle, I don't think anyone else notices, but I sure can tell that I have a hard time finding words at times. I asked him several questions, 1) could my brain lesions ever go away? He said no, they are like a scar. 2) asked doesn't MS involve numbness/tingling bilaterally? He said not always. Can't remember what else I asked him at this time. He still needs to rule out MS. He told me there is a new blood test that looks for MS specifically, but he uses it with all the other tests as well. So I had blood drawn for it yesterday. I need to have an LP (yikes!!!), but at least I will be able to do this in Salem. And he wants to set me up for a memory test. They will be calling me to schedule all this stuff...we'll see what comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment