Tuesday, October 30, 2012

UPDATE ~ Bowel Obstructions

Boy, have I been late in updating on this blog, it was difficult for me to get into as well. Somehow google has now been taken over blogger services and won't allow my current email to switch it over. Anyways, I have to remember this other email to get into it to add anything to this blog. I had been doing stable in my possible MS symptoms, but then suddenly just OUT OF THE BLUE, I began to have problems with bowel obstructions. One day at work, I was overtaken by stomach cramping. It just continued and continued all afternoon. I went home and the pain worsened and worsened. Finally I had to go into the ER. Turned out I had a bowel obstruction. They thought it was due to adhesions and scar tissues from my past bowel surgeries. After about 3 days in the hospital with an NG tube up my nose, apparently the obstruction cleared on it's own, thank God!! What really sucked, was about 2 weeks later the exact same thing happened. I know what caused this one, I was trying to eat healthy all afternoon and was eating pea pods as a snack. I"m sure that is what caused it. But the same thing, started with mild stomach cramping mid afternoon, and progressed throughout the afternoon. Sure enough, another trip to the ER, and another admission to Salem Hospital for bowel obstruction. This time I learned to have the NG tube done down in the ER, they are so much better at it than on the floor. I was in the hospital for a few days longer, but then luckily it again cleared on its own, so home I went again. Thank God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment