Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Saw the rheumatologist....

So, i saw Dr. Goel yesterday, she thinks I have fibromyalgia. As soon as she said that, I started to tear up. I'm not even sure why...It might be my new meds?? I have been feeling not quite right since starting it. Its nortriptyline, and have been going up 10mg weekly last few weeks. But I have been feeling somewhat PMS-y. Yesterday I was feeling so emotional, and cried at everything. But, also I am kind of bummed at that fibro diagnosis. I don't want anything worse, but I hate the stigma of what that diagnosis brings with it in the medical field. There are so many medical people out there that don't believe in it. I know my symptoms are real, but also in reading about it, I have realized that fibromyalgia symptoms are almost the same as MS. I am currently going through testing to rule out MS. So I wonder, if by chance I was to be diagnosed with MS, would I have both MS and fibro? or would the MS diagnosis be INSTEAD of fibro? I'm not sure the answer to that...If it comes to it, I will be asking though, if the need comes up. I haven't heard from Dr Smoot office yet regarding results of the thoracic MRI, or about scheduling the Lumbar puncture. I'm ok with it though, beccause I am NOT looking forward to an LP. Actually scared to death of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment